A Six Week Course, A Smorgaasbord*, of Seminars & Discussions
Thursday Afternoons Sep 20 – Oct 25, 2018 from 3:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Host & Sponsor – Sunnybrook United Church, 12 Stanton Street, Red Deer AB
Sep 20 Wills & Estate Planning, Powers of Attorney & Personal Directives
– Speakers: Red Deer Family & Estate lawyers Trista Carey, Partner at Schnell Hardy Jones LLP; & Brian MacNairn.
Sep 27 Financial Planning for the Future, including Retirement
– Speakers: Allison Clarke, Senior Financial Advisor; & Reagan Deering, Financial Advisor & Investment Specialist.
Oct 4 Medical Assistance in Dying, Dying with Dignity & Hospice Care
– Speakers: Dr. James L. Silvius, Alberta Health Services; Bradley Peter, Director, Dying With Dignity Canada, Edmonton; & Evelyn Storm, Executive Director, Red Deer Hospice.
Oct 11 Capacity & Assessment & Transitions
– Speakers: Therese Thompson, Designated Capacity Assessor, O.T, Red Deer; Melanie Blackwell, Capacity Assessor & Policy Analyst, Office of the Public Guardian, Edmonton; & Blair Wilson, Assistant Public Guardian, Red Deer.
Oct 18 Wonderin’ Where I’m Bound: Perspectives On After Life
– Speakers: A Panel Discussion. Moderator Daniel Haas, Ph.D. Philosophy, Red Deer College; Rev Ross Smillie, Sunnybrook United Church; panellists of Indigenous, Buddhist, Jewish, Muslim, Humanist & Atheist perspectives [panellists TBA].
Oct 25 Healthy Brain Aging
– Speakers: Dr. Duncan Robertson, FRCP FRCPC, Specialist in Geriatric Medicine, Victoria, B.C.; Karen Horsley, R.N., M.Sc. Dementia Studies, Director, Alzheimer’s Society of Alberta & NWT, Red Deer; & Monica Morrison, Executive Director, The Golden Circle, Red Deer.
If you are interested in “aging well” and wish information and open discussion on these themes, please attend. To register, contact Linda Bryant at Sunnybrook United tel 403-347-6073 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost of the series is $20 to help offset expenses. If you have any questions, you may also contact Brian at email@example.com. When registering, also please RSVP to the invitation below.
* On the menu for the six week course is an invitation to a lite meal following each seminar, as part of the “Feeding the Spirit” program at Sunnybrook, a time for feeding the spirit, friendly conversation, and digesting the food for thought offered by the afternoon speakers!